This course builds on Park Management A, but could be taken as a stand alone course. Park Management B focuses more on managing the various aspects of parks such as visitor supervision and monitoring, trail management, risk management and safety issues and the marketing of commercial operations. Other courses that would be useful in this career pathway would be Conservation and Environmental management, eco-tour management, wildlife management, zoo keeping and animal behavior.
- Explain the role of nature parks in preserving natural environments.
- Explain the role of nature parks as a recreation resource.
- Explain the issues of managing wildlife in nature parks.
- Explain the design of visitor amenities in nature parks and their impact on the environment.
- Explain the role interpretative facilities in nature parks.
- Explain the design and construction of trails within nature parks.
- Explain the importance and management of natural water areas in nature parks.
- Explain the importance of effective marketing in promoting nature parks.
- Explain safety issues and hazard management in nature parks.
- Explain the use of risk management plans in nature parks.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below and we'll send you a free info pack.
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
- Preserving natural environments
- Plant associations and environment rehabilitation
Recreation and the Environment
- Impact of recreation on natural environments
Wildlife Management in Nature Parks
- Impact of park visitors on wildlife
- Managing wildlife
Visitor Amenities in Nature Parks
- Design; provision of visitor amenities including picnic areas and campgrounds; management of facilities
- Interpretative facilities including signs and education programs
Trail Design and Construction
- Designing access routes in parks
- Designing and constructing walking tracks
- Conserving and managing natural water bodies in nature park; impact of humans on water areas
Marketing Nature Parks
- Strategies used to promote nature parks
Risk Management I
- Identifying, minimising and managing natural hazards; safety issues
Risk Management II
- Preparing a risk management plan
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS) current.
I am currently doing my PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. My research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, I have operationalized my investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. I am currently in stage 3 of research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to my present endeavors within the scientific field, I have also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology, (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. My passion has always been teaching and thus I have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. I love helping students with their own studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.