A highly recommended course for anyone with professional standing who is wanting to become a consultant. Learn to set up your practice the correct way from the start.
- Developing an understanding of consulting, what business consultants do, and how they help their clients.
- Identifying the key activities and requirements for starting out in consulting.
- Identifying key competencies and skills of consultants and how they are applied to business problems.
- Identifying the importance of credibility and techniques to build credibility as a consultant.
- Recognizing the role quality and service plays in consulting and strategies and techniques used to build quality and service.
- Analyzing client needs and implementing these as a road-map for your consulting practice.
- Familiarizing yourself with marketing and personal brand strategies in consulting practice.
- Identifying ways to track, to deliver and to measure performance results in consulting.
- Building a repertoire of business skills that enable you to run a consulting business.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of modules. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Select each module below to learn more.
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. What Does a Consultant Do?
- What is Consulting?
- Types of Business Consulting
- Define Your Role
- Who Do Consultants Work With?
- Where Do Consultants Work?
- Skills Consultants Need
2. Starting Out in Consulting
- Where Consultants Come From?
- Developing Your Value Proposition
- Find Your Niche
- Income and Billing
3. Consulting Skills
- Key Skills of a Consultant
- Hierarchy of Consulting Skills
- Providing Information
- Solving Known Problems
- Diagnosing Unknown Problems
- Recommending Actions
- Change Implementation
- Building Culture
- Facilitating Learning and Insights
- Creating Long Term
- Organization Performance and Effectiveness
4. Building Credibility
- What is Credibility?
- Credible Adviser
- Understanding Different Types of Credibility
- Threats to your Credibility
- Approaches to Build, Nurture, Reinforce Your Credibility
5. Service and Quality
- The Right Questions to Ask the Client to Avoid Common Pitfalls
- The Disadvantages and the Counters
- Scope Creep
- Frequent Reasons for Criticisms of Quality
- Payment for Services
6. Analyzing Client Needs
- What are the Customer Needs and its Types?
- Customer Need Analysis
- Finding Your Ideal Customer
7. Personal Brand Management
- The Importance of Marketing to Consulting Services
- Marketing to Attract New Clients
- Social Selling
- Other Cold Outreaches
- Balancing Existing and New Client Needs
- How to Manage Finances with Marketing
8. Working with Clients
- When Might Your Serve as a Consultant?
- How Do You Serve as a Consultant?
- Customize Your Advice to Clients
- Needs Analysis
- Relationship Management
9. Delivering and Measuring Results
- Measuring Results
- Improving Performance
- Key Result Areas
- Capturing and Reporting Results
10. Running a Consulting Business
- Where to Do Consulting Work?
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Thea Roberts B.Comm., M.A.
Liselle Turner Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Diploma in Hospitality Management, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Chad Osorio B. Psych. Juris Doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.