Access to clean water is one of the critical environmental issues of the 21st century. Obtain an understanding of water management and conservation with practical knowledge and skills as well as an insight into water recycling and industrial applications.
- Explain the importance of water in the world and the reasons for its sustainable conservation and management.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water at the workplace.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water at home.
- Explain water flow and quality control.
- Explain water audits and water management plans.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in Horticulture
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in Agriculture.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in the Services Industry.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in the Health Industry and allied services.
- Explain the importance of water conservation and methods to save water in other occupations.
- Explain water sanitation and wastewater treatment methods and the difference with water reuse and recycling.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below and we'll send you a free info pack.
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
There are 10 Lessons in this course:
Introduction to water conservation
- Importance of water
- The water cycle rainfall, evaporation, infiltration, effective rainfall
- Water sources and storage water quality
- Facts on water uses water use at home, in primary and other industries
- Why conserve water personal, regional and global significance
Water conservation at home
- In Australia
- In the United Kingdom
- In the United States
- Measures undertaken to save water in the home in the kitchen, bathroom and in the garden.
- Water Saving Devices
Water conservation in the workplace
- General principles
- Implementing water saving strategies
- Installing small appliances
- Large water saving devices
- Water quality maintaining water quality, salinity, chemical contaminants
- Controlling Use and Quality of Water water flow measurement, water quality control, testing water salinity
- Preserving Water Quality minimising evaporation, water sanitation
- Water Audits
- Water Management Plans
Water conservation in Primary Production I
- Water Saving Measures
- Water Wise Plants
- Water Wise Procedures
- Water Wise Irrigation systems
- Water Wise Landscaping
- Equipment, structures and tools to save water
Water conservation in Primary Production II
- Use of water in primary production
- Methods of water storage
- Rainwater collection and storage
- Bore water
- Farm dams planning, lined ponds
- Water Requirements livestock requirements, domestic requirements
- Water Quality
- Water Problems on Farms contamination and disposal of water, evaporation, seepage, runoff, overspray, scheduling
- Using Farm Waste Water
- Irrigation System Design
- Maintenance Procedures and Scheduling
- Surface/Flood Irrigation
- Sprinkler Irrigation
- Swales and Keylines
Water conservation in Services industries
- Use of Water in Services Industry
- Contamination and Disposal of Water
Water conservation and Health
- Hospitals, nursing homes, laundries, clinical laboratories, dental practices, human and animal research facilities
- Uses of water in Health Industry control pathogens, general use
- Water minimisation
- Water efficiency
Water conservation in other sectors
- Use of water in manufacturing, construction and heavy industry
- Water use in the production process
- Examples of water using activities in food facilities
- Water holding
- Benefits of cleaner production
Water treatment, reuse and recycling
- Water Sanitation filtering and disinfection
- Water Reuse and Recycling classification and composition of waste water.
- Recycling Wastewater
- Wastewater treatment
- Suitable plants
- Treating saline water
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Bachelor of Science (Zoology) (Hons), M.Phil. PhD (UTS) current.
I am currently doing my PhD in Environmental Science at the University of Technology Sydney. My research is centered around the effects of climate change on the hatchling velvet gecko population in Australia. This involves collecting wild gravid geckos and incubating their eggs under laboratory conditions. Through exposure to a variety of incubation temperature treatments, I have operationalized my investigation which aims to determine the effect of higher temperatures on hatchling geckos. I am currently in stage 3 of research, which comprises writing a thesis and developing manuscripts for publishing. Prior to my present endeavors within the scientific field, I have also successfully completed a B.Sc. degree, majoring in Zoology, (specialised field: Wildlife Management) with first-class honors and an M.Phil. Degree in Life Sciences. My passion has always been teaching and thus I have worked for seven years as a lecturer at various universities. I love helping students with their own studies.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.