Learn the important skills for instructing and training staff.
- Learn how to train staff on the job.
- Learn how to research, develop and write a training program
- Learn how to develop a style of delivery for that training
- Learn how to assess your students
- Learn how to assess the effectiveness of your program
- Analyse the communication effectiveness within a training environment.
- Explain characteristics which influence the effectiveness of education, including aspects of both learning and teaching.
- Define training requirements for a specified workplace.
- Prepare for commencement of a training session.
- Develop a lesson plan for training a small group (less than twelve).
- Develop skills in the assessment and evaluation of training programs.
- Demonstrate the use of audio-visual equipment for lesson presentation.
- Demonstrate the instruction of a learner in a one-to-one situations.
- Determine the use of simple motivational skills in a training environment.
- To promote training and monitor the result of promotion.
- Prepare trainees to meet the requirements of the competency standards for assessors.
Detailed Course Outline
There are 11 lessons in this course:
Introduction to Training
- Communication channels
- Skills for an effective communicator
- Responsibilities of a trainer to achieve effective communication
- Main approaches to helping learning; psychodynamic, phenomenological, behavioural, cognitive-behavioural and transactional analysis
- Understanding communication barriers
- Trainer responsibilities beyond communication
- Leadership concepts
- Public speaking skills
- Causes of confusion
- Writing a speech to communicate a learning point
- What is learning
- How learning is influenced by the teacher, student and materials
- Learning terminology
- Teaching strategies
- Common teaching modes
- Class size
- Teaching models
- Recognizing the learners needs
- Adult learners
- children/adolescent learners
Determining Training Requirements in The Workplace
- Assessing Needs
- How to gather information
- How to use the information you gather
- Arranging resources
- Training program support
Developing a Lesson Plan
- Lesson aims
- Structure of a lesson plan
- Contingency planning
- Writing a lesson plan
Assessment and Evaluation of Training Programs
- Tests and examinations
- Evaluation of training programs
- Evaluation checklist
- Using audio visual equipment
- Visual materials; illustrations, whiteboard, charts etc
- Audio materials
- Leadership communication
- Tutorial sessions
- Conversation development
- Motivation for learning
- Self esteem
- Trainer relationship building
- Body language
Motivation Skills and Techniques
- What is motivation
- Motivational theories
- Improving motivation
- Influencing opponents
- Influencing neutrals
- Handling criticism
- Logical persuasion
- Recognition of Prior learning
- Assessor training
- Research skills
- Interviewing skills
- Asking effective questions
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below to get your free info pack.
Our science courses are taught by a range of different tutors depending on the area of expertise. We have specialised tutors in environmental science, animal (veterinary) science, human nutrition and health science and so on. At enrollment you will be assigned your tutor who is an expert in that field. You will receive a welcome email from them within 1 - 2 days of enrollment so you will be able to contact them as soon as you need to.
Some subjects such as biochemistry are an integral part of many sciences including animal (veterinary science), human health science and many parts of environmental science. We have many experienced tutors who are qualified to teach introductory biochemistry. Depending upon your particular interest in biochemistry we will assign a tutor in the appropriate field at enrollment.
About Careerline Courses
Careerline (or CLC) has been in business since 2011. We offer over 360 online short courses with great features such as self-paced study, the choice of online or correspondence (just pick printed material when enrolling) study all with full tutor support from our incredibly talented tutors.
Our mission is to provide affordable, flexible education to anyone, anywhere, anytime! We believe that education should be available to all and that no education is wasted. We are passionate about giving straight up advice on what are the best options for our future students and if we don’t think a course if right for your purposes we’ll tell you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.