If you already work with irrigation, greens, gardens and parks but need to take it to the next level this course is for you. If you are getting started in irrigation then we suggest you complete Irrigation (Gardens) first.
- Study Irrigation Management Online
- Self paced study
- 100 hours over 12 months
- Expert help from our qualified tutors
The following topic areas are covered:
- Ways to optimise water efficiency
- Scheduling irrigation for nurseries, gardens, turf and horticultural crops.
- Drainage system design
- Operating irrigation controllers
- Managing system maintenance
- Managing fertigation
- Evaluating irrigation designs
- Design of different systems
This course builds on skills achieved in Irrigation (Gardens) course to develop students’ skills to manage the design and operation of large scale irrigation systems for horticultural applications.
Get Free Info Pack
Complete the form below and we'll send you a free info pack.
Detailed Course Outline
This course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online. Click below to read about each of the lessons and what you will learn.
1. Waste water and recycling
- Teaches how to minimize water wastage in irrigation.
2. Measuring water usage
- Examines how to schedule irrigation for a large scale situation such as a large nursery, crop, turf, garden or pasture.
- Presents an analysis the design of different drainage systems
4. Irrigation controllers
- Looks at the formulation of procedures to operate irrigation controllers, for appropriate tasks
5. System maintenance
- Examines the maintenance of irrigation systems, both small and large scale
- Examines the management of fertigation of plants through an irrigation system
7. Design evaluation
- Looks at the evaluation of the design of large scale irrigation systems
8. System design
- You will learn how to design an irrigation system, including its drainage
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Barbara Tremain BSc. (Hons) Horticulture, RHS Adv. Cert,. RHS General, City & Guilds Garden Design, Permaculture Level 3 (UK)
Barbara brings to Careerline a wide range of horticultural experience and knowledge Barbara has a keen interest in herbalism, edible wild plants and has lead into studies of many plant based complementary medicinal systems, qualification as a Bach Flower remedy practitioner and studying Ethnobotany. Barbara has practiced and studied horticulture as well as combining it with her love of travel in many countries including the UK, US and Australia and has also studied Permaculture and runs her own horticulture business. Within the past two years she have also worked for Groundwork SW with 18-24 year old unemployed people, this work and the mentoring scheme has allowed me to teach informally. It has been a delight to nurture the interests of keen learners in horticulture and garden design. Meanwhile the business has covered a variety of Garden Design projects, from wildflower gardens to seaside situations, and has included some work with Chelsea Gold multi-winner John Moreland.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.