In this unique course you can learn how to manage eating patterns to help the body heal from common complaints, to manage conditions and to complement other treatments in response to health issues. Study therapeutic nutrition and be supported by our friendly expert tutors. This course is online and self paced and should take approximately 100 hours to complete.
What is Therapeutic Nutrition?
Therapeutic nutrition is the provision of nutrients to maintain and/ or restore optimal nutrition and health. Many conditions may require nutrition therapy for improved outcomes such as celiac disease.
- Discuss the nature and scope of Therapeutic Nutrition; and identify circumstances where diet may need modification
- Explain different types of food allergy and intolerance and provide information on diagnosis, clinical symptoms and appropriate dietary modifications.
- Explain what diabetes is and describe appropriate dietary adjustments that for people with Diabetes.
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Cardiovascular Disease
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Heart Disease,
- Hyperlipidemia or Arteriosclerosis
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with Kidney conditions
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with different types of cancer
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with a variety of digestive disorders
- Explain appropriate dietary adjustments that should be made for people with diseases of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas
- Evaluate the dietary requirements of a client or patient who has a medical condition; giving appropriate consideration to that condition, and to identify responsible options for diet planning in response to the situation.
Detailed Course Outline
Each course is made up of a number of lessons or units. Each of these has self assessment questions, a set task (practical homework) and an assignment which you can upload online.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
Introduction to Therapeutic Nutrition
- What is Therapeutic Nutrition
- Where is it Applied
- Oral Nutrition
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Swallowing Problems
- Weight Loss & Reduced Appetite
- Nutritional Supplement
- Artificial Nutrition
- Enteral Nutrition
- Parenteral Nutrition (Hyperalimentation)
Allergies and Intolerances
- Food Allergy
- Foot Intolerance
- Diagnosis of Food Allergy or Intolerance
- Dietary Management of Food Allergy and Intolerance
- Peanut Allergy
- Cow’s Milk Allergy
- Coeliac Disease
- What is Diabetes?
- Types of Diabetes
- Complications Associated with Diabetes
- Prevention and Treatment
- Monitoring of Diabetes
- Therapeutic Nutrition & Diabetes
Heart Disease, Hyperlipidemia and Arterosclerosis
- Modifiable Risk Factors
- Dietary Fat & Cholesterol
- Other Dietary Factors
- Glomerulonephritis, Acute & Chronic
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Acute Renal Failure (ARF)
- Chronic Renal Failure (CRF)
- Eating the right amount of Energy
- Fluid Restrictions
- Sodium Restrictions
- Diet & Kidney Stones
- Dietary Factors associated with Cancer
- Cancer Therapy
- Nutritional Side-Effects and Suggested Dietary Management
Digestive Disorders & Diet - Esophagus, Small Intestine, Colon
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD): Crohn’s Disease, Diverticulitis & Ulcerative Colitis
Other Metabolic Conditions (e.g. Liver, Gall bladder, Pancreas, etc)
- The Liver
- The Gallbladder
- Gall Stones
- The Pancreas
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Chronic Pancreatitis
Strategic Diet planning for a medical condition
When you have completed the lessons of your Certificate course, you will be given the option of taking the optional exam. It's okay if you don't want the exam, we still issue your Careerline Certificate. For Advanced Certificates however, the exam is compulsory (per module) and are included in the course fee.
Get Free Info Pack
Get your free info pack by completing the form below.
Jodie Walpole Bachelor of Applied Science (Food & Nutrition), Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching
Jodie is a qualified Nutritionist and Advanced Practitioner in Life Coaching. Jodie brings to Careerline over 15 years corporate nutrition and health experience as a result of working for several large multinational food and beverage companies. Jodie is passionate about all aspects of nutrition, health and wellness with particular interest in weight management and childhood obesity. More recently Jodie completed her Advanced Practitioner of Life Coaching course and is a certified Life Coach with hours of practical experience. As a Life Coach Jodie enjoys working with clients to close the gap between where they are currently in their lives and where they want to be. Jodie is also an experienced tutor enjoying the challenge of working with students to reach their full potential.
How It Works
1. Learn Online
Get access to your course content anywhere, anytime and study at your own pace.
2. Get Help & Support
Connect with other like-minded students and get help from the teacher whenever you have a question.
3. Receive Certificate
Graduate from your course knowing that you have what it takes to reach your next step.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I pay in installments?
Yes! We offer great payment plans, however full payment up front is the cheapest. You can choose the best payment plan for you from the course page, or call us on 07 55368782 to talk to one of our course consultants for a custom plan.
Can I study from anywhere in the world?
We have many international students. Careerline's range of courses are suitable for any one, anywhere in the world.
Do I get a discount if I enroll in a second course?
Yes. You may claim a 5% fee discount when you enroll in a second course, and a further 10% off a three-course package.
Do I have to sit an Exam?
No. If you are enrolled in a Certificate course (100hrs), the exam is optional. You will be issued with a certificate which proves that you are competent in all units, if you choose not to sit the exam.
Do you have set start dates?
There are no set start dates, you may start at any time. Our courses are all self-paced. As our home page says, ‘Courses for Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime’. ‘Anytime’ includes the start time of your choice. However, we do encourage our students to submit assignments on a regular basis. Wherever possible, we suggest developing a study routine.